Memorial Day is here and so is the unofficial start to summer. It's the time of the year when we crave being outdoors, and get your grill on! Grilling is a great way to lighten up eating and fit into your healthier lifestyle with simple foods, lighter sauces and seasonal veggies. To keep the lighter theme going, the perfect wine to go with your grilled foods is Osmosis.
Osmosis keeps it light by naturally reducing the calories and alcohol while keep all of the flavor you want. Osmosis wines all come from our sustainable, high altitude and family owned vineyards in Argentina.
A perfect food to grill and keep it lighter is salmon. Salmon holds up well on the grill, is a great source of protein, and is full of omega 3. Pair the salmon with grilled asparagus - a great source of antioxidants and a tossed salad. Enjoy your meal with a cold, crisp glass of Osmosis Sauvignon Blanc or Rosé.
Here's an easy way to prepare the salmon and asparagus on the grill.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper, a little lemon zest and olive oil on both sides.
- Season the asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Heat the grill to high, and oil the grates
- Once the grill is smoking hot, add the salmon skin side down and grill until the fish pulls away from the grates and flip. Cook to desired temperature.
- Put the asparagus either directly on the grill, in a grill basket or on foil and grill until fork tender
- Serve with slices of lemon and a tossed salad
From Osmosis Wines, we wish you all a fantastic Memorial Day Weekend!